Beginning on Thursday and continuing through Sunday morning this quintessential Kentucky Derby celebration weekend includes everything from bourbon tasting to the exciting and iconic Kentucky Derby®. Enjoy three nights hotel accommodations at the Galt House Hotel, the Official Host Hotel of the Kentucky Derby located in downtown Louisville along Whiskey Row and the Ohio River.
The festivities begin on Thursday evening when Inside Access from Chase hosts a private welcome reception. Meet Bill Doolittle best-selling author of Kentucky Derby who will share the history and stories about one of the most iconic horse races in the United States. Then join other Kentucky Derby participants at Taste of Derby, presented by Angry Orchard and spend the evening just steps from the Galt House Hotel savoring exquisite cuisine and exceptional wines during this walk around event.
On Friday guests will be treated to a Bourbon Country experience with tours and tastings at two renowned distilleries; one in the morning and one in the evening. The day will begin with a private tour of Buffalo Trace Distillery, named for its rich history when ancient buffalo carved paths through the wilderness that led American pioneers and explorers to new frontiers. One such trail led to the banks of the Kentucky River where Buffalo Trace Distillery has been making bourbon whiskey the same way for more than 200 years. A casual barbeque lunch will follow the tasting.
Festivities will continue Friday evening at the 3rd annual Stitzel-Weller Affair presented by Blade and Bow Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. Stitzel-Weller Distillery located on the Bourbon Trail is one of the true cathedrals of Bourbon. The iconic distillery originally opened on Derby Day in 1935.
Following a private tour, Inside Access from Chase guests will be amongst one hundred and seventy-five influencers, media and bourbon enthusiasts attending this annual event. Enjoy a bespoke Mint Julep bar, a photo opportunity with retired race horse, Stormin’ Sox, followed by a seated dinner and musical performance by Marc Broussard, known for his “bayou soul.”
Saturday, Kentucky Derby day will begin with a private breakfast as Bill Doolittle returns to share insights about the race and wagering strategies. Then it’s off to Churchill Downs® to enjoy a full day of racing, casual southern cuisine throughout the day, and Mint Juleps topped off by the crown jewel of thoroughbred races, the Kentucky Derby. Guests will have reserved seats in a covered area with other attendees in the Vineyard Vines Club, which is situated on the iconic first turn of the racetrack. The Vineyard Vines Club offers a front row seat to thunderous racing and the famous Kentucky Derby Walkover, where contenders parade along the track from the barn area to the Paddock prior to the big race.
Note: Schedule subject to change. The weekend is attended by thousands of people. The number of guests varies at each event. The Inside Access from Chase package includes special VIP access to select events.The events listed are rain-or-shine and take place indoors and outdoors. A detailed itinerary including hotel details will be provided with the event confirmation letter. Participants must be 21 years of age or older to purchase and attend the event. Please note there is no parking provided at the events. All guests must travel with the event group. The Kentucky Derby® and Churchill Downs® are registered trademarks of Churchill Downs Incorporated.
- 3-nights hotel accommodation at the Galt House Hotel (Thursday-May 3rd – Sunday-May 6th)
- Pre-signed book by Bill Doolittle, The Kentucky Derby
- Transportation to and from all scheduled events listed above (unless otherwise noted)
- Thursday: Inside Access private welcome reception and meet and greet with best-selling author Bill Doolittle, Taste of Derby (Guests will walk to the event from the hotel. There will be approximately 1200 guests at the event. Inside Access from Chase guests also have separate lounge access among 300 guests)
- Friday: Inside Access private breakfast buffet, Buffalo Trace tour and tasting, casual barbeque lunch (with other tour guests), evening at the 3rd annual Stitzel-Weller Affair (175 guests total including Inside Access from Chase guests)
- Saturday: Inside Access private breakfast buffet with Bill Doolittle, Kentucky Derby and all-day access to reserved covered seats in the Vineyard Vines Club (approximately 3000 guests), buffet style food and beverage throughout the day, private closing evening reception at the hotel
- Sunday: Inside Access private breakfast buffet
Tentative Event Schedule
May 03, 2018
|2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
|5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
||Welcome reception and Kentucky Derby question and answer with best-selling author Bill Doolittle
|7:00 PM - 11:00 PM
||Taste of Derby
May 04, 2018
|7:00 AM - 8:30 AM
|10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
||Bourbon Country tour, tasting and lunch
|6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
||Private distillery tour and dinner
May 05, 2018
|7:00 AM - 9:00 AM
||Breakfast and Kentucky Derby day briefing with Bill Doolittle
|10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
||Churchill Downs - Kentucky Derby
|8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
May 06, 2018
Please note: Schedule subject to change. Hotel check in is 3:00 PM, Check out is 11:00 AM
|7:00 AM - 9:00 AM
$2,400 per package
2 People/Double Occupancy One Room
$1,500 per package
1 Person/Single Occupancy One Room